Saturday 21 June 2014

Midsummer's day.


The sun is high in the sky and the hay is crying out to be cut…..


 

Got up, made sauce for pizza, made two meat loaves, made pizza, ate pizza…..and went to see a jazz band at 1-00pm.

Yeah, that's Jazz on a Summer's day;

 

This is 'Pimp my Jazz' who I've seen before although not with the excellent Esta Daley on vocals, guesting here.
 

I'm at Harmondsworth's summer féte, it’s the next village along and I’m there in solidarity because they are threatened with being flattened by Heathrow Airport’s new runway just like we were.
It was in The Domesday Book, it has a fifteenth century longbarn, a church, two pubs and a lot of people who don’t want a runway on their homes.

 
How nice is that?

The airport has been buying up houses to try to stifle opposition. They have now said the ancient protected buildings can stay (surrounded by concrete) as long as everything else can be flattened.

So, as I said I’m here to say that we care, in a quiet sort of way, to soak up the sun and some Jazz on this, the longest day of the year.

Part two? I’m hoping that’s even better.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact; neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment