Friday 23 May 2014

The Disputes and Sweet Johnny at The Cave.


Third time round for me at The Cave, Addlestone. This is the third taster night for The Undercover Festival at Bisley (19th to 21st September). I won’t make it there so these nights are a chance to enjoy some of the punk and alternative acts that will be playing.

Sweet Johnny
 


This was a melodic punk band (heavy beat, good tunes, lots of life) playing their own material which is on their e.p. as well as Spotify and all the usual outlets.

Then a real bonus for me;

The Disputes

 

This was a reggae band with a punky vibe thrown in every so often.

 

Great bass line (especially up by the speakers, I can confirm) and a wild lead guitar. ‘Lost in SoHo’ and ‘Babylon’ were the highlights of the evening for me and I think they have a mini c.d. out - they will also be on YouTube and all the other venues.....check them out.

I didn’t think anyone young bothered with reggae beats any more so I left with a smile and a little bounce in my step, a little reggae bounce.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment