Tuesday 6 May 2014

Straight, no chaser.


Monday night and that’s jaaaaazzzzz.

I made it back to the Red Lion, Isleworth for a special night made just for me (as is next week).

Unfortunately, it seems it was made for just about everybody else too – it was packed and I ended up at the front.

 I could get used to that. Up at the back, I never realised they have fingers and noses and things;


 

This is Nigel Price, a jazz guitarist who actually understands how the instrument works in Jazz.

And this is the great Simon Spillett on Sax;

 

Trevor Tomkins on drums, the world famous John Critchinson (of Ronnie Scott’s band) on keyboards and Tim Wells on bass.

It was a night of standards but with just enough Bop, every now and again to keep me alive.

Long breathy sax notes and then a little walk on the wild side. Just every now and again.

Miles Davis’s Donna Lee, Charlie Parker and where would I be without Thelonious Monk’s ‘Straight no chaser’?

Oh, and welcome back from Ocean Drive, Robyn!

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
 Harry Potter says

  C

    Helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

 All it takes is a little magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment