Thursday 1 May 2014

Remembering Clément Meric.


Last June, I did a little commemoration for Clément Meric, an anti-racist campaigner who was murdered by racist thugs in Paris. You can see my posting about him here;


When I was in Belleville it was good to see that Clément is not forgotten;

 


These posters are a common sight around the streets.

Meanwhile up in Belleville, artists have reclaimed some of the empty shopfronts and have used the boxes that used to hold the shop blinds as a place to make artworks, like memory boxes;

 

Here there is a photo of Édith Piaf as well as ‘Touche pas a mon pote’ (Don’t touch my Friend), which was the title of a Working Week song and the slogan of a massive antiracist campaign in France in the late 1980’s/early 1990’s.
Like I said, good ghosts.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment