Friday 2 May 2014

MoCara and The Dirt Royals at The Cave - Addlestone.


MoCara

I’ve been hyped – MoCara have a new single out;


 

And I got a request to review it – normally that doesn’t get a very good response from me but MoCara have taken some stuff I really like (Punk/Ska/Reggae) and mixed it all up. (Oh No they didn’t – did they?)

They did….but it works out fine – live.

Beg, Steal and Borrow is good – a punky feel without being nostalgia for old men.

Check it out here;

Beg, Steal or Borrow
But I hung on a bit before I did a review because ‘Undercover Festival’ (Bisley 19 – 21st September) is holding a series of showcase nights at The Cave (Holly Tree, Addlestone) and I thought I’d come down and see the band live again.

I really enjoyed the first band on – ‘Dirt Royal’, a three piece from Brighton.

 

They look like MODS and sound like Punks.

Hey, they even dress like me! What’s not to like?


 Lots of their own stuff – no covers (OK there was ‘White Man in the Hammersmith Palais’ but they did that really well and, well; I was that man) – they are an exciting three piece with attitude to spare. Does this mean I’m going to have to travel to Brighton?

Possibly.

MoCara

It’s been three months since I last saw them and there’s been a lot of gigs, rehearsing and studio time since then;

 
They were also headlining last night and had more than a few fans in the hall;


There was also new stuff, including  ‘Beg, Steal and Borrow’ which is really good live, as I thought it would be.


And when they let go they do know how to do a bit of Ska as well.

Skankin’,

 And they even forced me to go all the way to
Caffe nero

to do my first download. Not happy about that, I can tell you.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com
Helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment