Friday 30 May 2014

19000 Thanx.



 


It’s only a silly Blog, but how cool is that?

I started all this because when I broke my ankle a consultant at the Accident and Emergency Department of St. Peter’s Hospital in Chertsey sent me home for a week because he couldn’t spot a displaced and dramatically broken ankle on my X-Rays. I could when I saw it later.

What a moron.

I could have lost my leg – I was lucky that when I went back, the good surgeons of the Trauma and Orthopaedic units saved it.

My complaint? The hospital delayed, dodged, lied and covered up what happened. It took a year to get a meeting with someone from A and E.

Because the report into the incident was written by another consultant from A and E and because s/he never even spoke to me about it, no one ever listened to what I said and nothing was done about what actually happened.

Back then I was fit enough to cope with the two operations and 6 days in hospital that resulted from their stupid negligence. It may have only been a silly ankle but what made me so angry was that an elderly person would not have survived it.

Now my cancer is that much worse; if it happened now they would have finished me off too.

I’m not about to let them off the hook – people die because of bad treatment, very few people complain and hardly anyone ever makes a real fuss.

So, while I have lots of fun, do music reviews, play out silly stunts - this is a serious Blog, it’s still a health campaign. It matters.

I put the number of page views up when they hit 20.

I celebrated at 400 – that was good.

Thanks to all of you reading it, I will still be here to celebrate 20,000 and that is going to be a lot of fun, I can tell you.

That’s a promise.

And now it’s almost 11 pm on Friday night and I’ve packed all my medication, made my sandwiches, sorted out a million things as a carer, got my walking stick out, rolled up a blanket, shoved my Pork Pie hat on my head, got my Doc Martens on my feet, put my rucksack on my back and I’m all ready to head into town to catch the

A

Magic Bus!

which is going to take me overnight to;

 

AMSTERDAM

For the day!

I haven’t yet decided what I’m going to do – I’ve been before and done all the museums and galleries.

Mind you, I found this review of The Cheese Museum on Trip Advisor almost irresistible;

“This isn’t a museum, but a shop. I tried a few cheeses for free because I could. I saw one family eat an entire tray. I’d go back if I was hungry”.

Shakespeare could not improve on that.

Where am I going to find somewhere to do my injection and how outrageous can I make it?

There’s going to be music, beer and I’ve been recommended to try the cakes that A-Dam is famous for.

Oh Jaaaa!  I’m going to be having a lot of fun.

How lucky am I?

Then overnight on the coach again and back home to the real world on Sunday morning.

Stick around for the 20,000 – it’s going to be a hoot.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
 
Z doh!

Helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment