Thursday 24 April 2014

A song for an April and for a summer.


A

Magic Bus!

Where is the Magic Bus taking me at Midnight on Friday?

%%r%s

That’s where.

Only three more balloons and one more sleep to go.

Tuesday I night I drove all the way to Watford to see The Sha La La’s – which were once a great R ‘n B and Soul band with an original Hammond organ.

Now?  They sound like ACDC playing covers and lost the organ somewhere along the way. There’s obviously been a major change of band members and what’s left is quite different. I lasted about 20 minutes before I came home only pausing to take photos to compare them with the great line up in December. It ain’t the same.

Ah well, nothing lasts forever.

Feeling wistful I reread a post from last year which (forgive me if you remember it) means a lot to me. I have my own reasons.

I’ve added a couple of pictures from this morning to make up for repeating myself.

 


                    A song for an April and for a summer.




 ‘The Graduate’ is an amazing film which captures a particular moment in the 1960’swhen everything seemed about to change and then didn’t.

The two main characters are full of hope and promise. We are the unlucky ones because we know what’s going to happen.

Simon and Garfunkel

April Come She Will.

 

April come she will

When streams are ripe and swelled with rain;

May, she will stay,

Resting in my arms again

 

June, she´ll change her tune,

In restless walks she´ll prowl the night;

July, she will fly

And give no warning to her flight.

 

August, die she must,

The autumn winds blow chilly and cold;

September I´ll remember.

A love once new has now grown old.

 
I got through ‘Fighting February’ and ‘Manic March’, ‘April come she will’ is about right for now.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
As usual click on any picture for a slideshow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment