Thursday 6 March 2014

A small axe but very sharp.


“Hey, I just bought a great new camera – it’s really expensive, are you envious?”

“Oh yeah? That’s not like you, the last one only cost you £11-99p in a Charity shop – is it actually new?”

“OK, it may be second hand but it’s good one”

“So when you say ‘really expensive’ you really mean it was expensive 10 years ago…where did it come from?”

“The Pawn Shop”

 “How much exactly?”

“£19-99p”

“ At least you finally got fed up with Nikon”

“Not exactly, it is another Nikon”

“You didn’t buy the same Nikon?”

“Not exactly – it’s 5 megapixels instead of 3 and it’s got a Lithium battery and it’s smaller and slicker and, well it’s snappier. But I suppose it does look just like the old one”

“Doh!”

Here’s my old camera;
 
I bought it last year when I decided that unless I put photo’s on my Blog no one would ever believe the things I did.

It’s been a real friend.

It’s recorded some wonderful cancer nights.

It’s recorded some really silly things.

And in January I used it to identify a couple of dangerous people;

But I’m not going to get rid of it. I bought another camera for the same kind of reasons I bought the first – I often put myself in situations where the camera is likely to go flying and I just don’t want to be worrying about the camera when I need to be thinking about the shot.

I bought a Nikon Coolpix because I’m used to it and I don’t have to learn new tricks.

I also like it. It may have a pathetic screen but you can focus through the eyepiece as well, like a professional, even though this camera is for idiots like me.

Most of all, in the next couple of months (health permitting) I need to put myself in a position where my camera may well get broken and I don’t want to get upset when that happens.

And no, I can’t tell you what that is about because not everybody who reads this Blog wants to improve Ashford and St. Peter’s Hospitals like I do.
Just remember;
"If you are a big tree, we are a small axe (very sharp)".
Nesta Robert Marley.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment