Tuesday 18 February 2014

Thanks Sid.


This is for Sid, who made me laugh on a bad day.

I’d been to Charing Cross Hospital where I got some good news and should have been happy about it but to be honest I was tired out, facing a long journey home and fed up with battling Lloyds Pharmacy who have taken over the hospitals chemist in a privatisation. And it’s got worse since they did.

On the way home at the Hammersmith end of the Fulham Palace Road, I just had to take a photo of Sid's shop window.

Sid’s a traditional cobbler, repairing shoes, cutting keys and supplying trophies for a school competitions, Sunday league football, the dart’s competition or whatever.

So what has he got in his shop window?

 

 Of course it’s a full sized replica of the F.A.Cup and best of all – the European Cup. It’s the best trophy cabinet in London.
 
When Sid caught me taking the photo I went in to explain – and both of us were laughing about it.

Now you know where to get your shoes sorted on the Fulham Palace Road.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment