Sunday 2 February 2014

Lord John at Egham.

 
 
    LORD JOHN
 

 
That was quite a night at The Egham and District Social Club, it just goes to show what you can do when the right people are choosing the music – suddenly there’s a place where soulies, skins and mods like me can all meet for great sounds.

 
When you add that to the variety of bands who are playing our kind of music locally you have a really promising scene. Good reggae on the sound system too, so that’s me sorted.

I missed chunks of the first set as I was on the phone trying to sort something out at home but I got the whole of side two. I don’t know if getting old and ill means I’ve slowed down (that can’t be right) or perhaps Lord John have speeded up (possible) but the mixture of 6T’s rythym and Blues, The Jam and a little bit of Britpop (Parklife) all seemed harder, faster and tighter.

We even got a couple of guest vocalists;

 

And I have never been able to resist Booker T and the M.G.’s Green Onions, or those High Heeled Sneakers..
 

Now, there’s a whole generation of youngsters out of work, no one can afford their own home and all the bills are shooting up. Somehow Facebook, Twitter and whatever aren’t saying the things that need to be said. Time to start writing your own stuff, Lord John, there’s enough that needs saying.

Another good night on the;

Call me an Ambulance!

I’m ready t0 g0 h0me n0w T0ur

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment