Thursday 6 February 2014

Flooding at Staines, update for 5th February 2014.


water’s back!

I know it’s boring but there are quite a few people who want updates on the floods, so be patient with me.

At Staines today (5 February) the Floodmarker on The River Colne was at 3 ft 4 ins above normal – it was 2 ft 1 inch up on 31st January.

Here’s the river at Lammas Park;


 

The Crazy golf is under water again as is the kiddies playground and about half the park.


The river is over its bank in town;


 

I had to go over the steps of the restaurant to avoid the water.


 

This longboat is cut off from the bank – I wouldn’t fancy walking this plank to get home! Probably wouldn't mind so much if I was coming back from the Pub.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment