Sunday 9 February 2014

Flood update; Staines, Wraysbury, Runnymede and Colnebrook at Midnight February 8 2014.



Saturday 8/2/14, Midnight.

I went out tonight to The Hobgoblin, Staines. I'm behind with posts so it will be up on Monday.

This morning we got the warning that The Colne had flooded at Colnebrook which is upstream from us.

I was at Egham in the afternoon, Runnymede, the Hotel and the road to Old Windsor was flooded and the road closed by Police.

On my way out to Staines, the Lammas Park was completely flooded as was the road next to it.

At the concert I called my Mum - her carers couldn't get to her, so I drove to her to put her to bed. The controller rang me - no one could get through from Datchet and Horton (next to Colnebrook) is flooded.

The floodmarker is on The River Colne, just before it joins the Thames, which has flooded at Runnymede. So the water hasn't anywhere to go and it's as high as it was back at the end of January - nearly five foot above normal.

Should be fun tomorrow!

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment