Wednesday 19 February 2014

Flares and Fusion.


Monday night at The Red Lion, Isleworth and it wasn’t really my night even though Jimmy Hastings is a fine saxophonist who also throws in the flute every so often.

 

It’s just that 1970’s fusion isn’t my thing and 70’s jazz isn’t my era. There was a lot of Chick Corea and if there wasn't any Weather Report, it was in the air that night.
The flute does always brings back memories of the recently departed Gil Scott Heron who did shine out at that time.

Trevor Tomkins clearly likes the period as well, judging by the workout his drums were getting and I was in a minority of one amongst the crowd.

Today, I was having a quick look at the minutes of the January meeting of the governors of Ashford and St. Peter’s NHS hospital Trust and under the heading of ‘Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, there appeared to be a request for information back in December relating to Accident and Emergency.
I wonder who that relates to? Perhaps we will see later.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:   helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment