Monday 3 February 2014

Candid camera.


Friday morning and I was in Staines – actually I was in the Pawn shop, looking at cameras. The photos on the Blog are taken on my Nikon, which sounds rather impressive. Actually, I bought the Nikon last year from a charity shop - £11-99.

What I need is a bit more Oooomph, a bit more pizzazz because I only have 3 megapixels and 3x zoom. Am I boring you already?

While I was there who did I see?

 


That’s Nick Tidbury of The SkaSouls, eyeing up trumpets. They are playing next Saturday, but I had to explain that I wouldn’t be there because many years ago I vowed I would never enter a conservative club. If I did, something terrible would happen.

This is him in action last summer, a great night in Walton.
 

I had a Look at Lord John’s Facebook page – I’ve never got used to social media myself but I learnt that the guest vocalists on Saturday were  Pippa and Sandy  who now have their own Soul group ‘The Reflections’.

I’m going to add them to the growing list of local groups (The Dekkertones for one) that are forming and I need to see.

There really is a scene and it’s a healthy one with everyone wanting to be in their own band. Just like Punk, just like the MOD revival of the 1970’s, just like Two-tone.

I don’t think I’ll be short of nights out any time soon but even more exciting (from The Reflections Facebook page), on 22nd March the only place to be is The Holroyd  Arms in Guildford. For one day only (in aid of The Teenage Cancer trust) you can see many of the groups I've reviewed here.
That's 'Redeye', the wonderful 'Sha La La's', 'The Reflections' and more as well as Northern Soul D.J.'s.

I have no idea whether I'll be able to get away for a whole day and for that matter whether I'll be in any state to be there anyway. But I'm certainly going to try....  and I'll be plugging that day relentlessly. Keep your fingers crossed for me. 

Did I buy that camera?

Eh no… I decided that I wouldn’t buy a new camera and have to spend a lot of time learning how to take amateurish pics, when I can take amateurish pics now, with no effort.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:         helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact:      neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment