Thursday 20 February 2014

14000!


14000
Thanks
 
Thank you for ticking up 14000 page views for this little Blog.

Some thousands, like this one have been easy because so many people checked out the flood pictures. Normally it’s a painful struggle.

Here is why I do it – this is one of my poster’s from early 2013. That was such a tough spring for me – I was ill, medication failing fast, being a carer and running a campaign. In fact I didn’t realise it at the time but I was a lot rougher and tougher then than I am now.

As I discovered later, it was a ‘consultant’, who was incompetent, not a junior Doctor.

St. Peter’s Accident and Emergency has recently appointed one more consultant but it’s still understaffed.

The Blog Battles on!

   I need your help!

I’ve started a campaign to improve the level of staffing and competence at the Accident and Emergency department at St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey.

I had a bad experience and I fear this is being repeated – people are at risk.

    Check out my Blog; 2000 hits and still hitting!

Helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

I had a blackout in the summer – I have cancer and these things happen. In fact, I’d broken my ankle but when the ambulance got me to St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey, the doctors were young and inexperienced; it was august bank holiday and there was no one for them to ask. I was sent home with treatment for a sprain.

When I went back for my appointment a week later it was a real emergency – an untreated displaced fracture. I spent 6 days in hospital and needed two operations. I was very lucky; the orthopaedics/trauma team’s hard work saved my leg.

Now, I’m rough and tough and I was just about able to cope. If you’re 80 years old and frail you can’t. St Peter’s is sending people home without proper treatment and some are going home to die

       There are only 4 Accident and Emergency consultants for 90,000 patients a year.

       Operations, holidays and sickness mean that 4 consultants are not enough; sometimes a junior just won’t do.

       Last year complaints against A and E rose by 23%.

       We need at least 10 consultants and a commitment to give us proper cover, 24/7.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment