Wednesday 5 February 2014

12000 raisins to be cheerful.


 
 
 
I was making flapjacks and I don't know what came over me. It's my thank you for you supporting this Blog - which was always supposed to be a serious health campaign (even if it ended up just me having a lot of laughs) and there is still a real point in getting 12000 hits. So, help yourself to a virtual slice of cake!
 
You have no idea how hard it is taking photo's of food but I was thinking of Ian Dury at the time and this was the result. It took three lots of attempts to get it half right, so I named the computer files 'Raisins to be cheerful Part 1', 2 and 3.
 
Well it made me chuckle.
 
If I'd had more time, I would like to have done for the Cancer Cru what Ian did for disabled people - with lots of front, lots of in-your-face punk attitude he started the fight for people with disabilities to be treated as human beings and not victims.
 
And if you have cancer? Then you are a great and mighty warrior, not some miserable victim passively waiting to die. 
 
Cancer Chic rules! 
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment