Wednesday 15 January 2014

We won!


I had planned to get up early and then sort and clean the house ready for;

The Invasion of the Social Workers

Instead I wasn’t feeling so great and got up late. Then I saw a bright blue sky and a sun and I went for a walk. I’ll do it at midnight, whatever.

Here is Magna Carta Lane with the flood waters nearly gone.


And here is an even bigger collection of beached logs, like some piece of modern art;
 
There’s still a fair bit of water left;



But when I got home I got a call from the Environment Agency to tell me the flood warning was lifted for Colnbrook, then another lifting the warning for here.

We won!

When I went to see my Mum, the closed road had just been opened – and then I heard that she won’t be home till next week.

So that's two reason's to breathe again.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment