Wednesday 8 January 2014

My first loaf.


Parental warning!

    This Blog may contain self-satisfied

    Boasting which may be inappropriate

     For unaccompanied children under

                The age of 12 years.

Parental warning!

 

they said:

“it can’t be done”

I wanted to bake bread – I’ve never done it before although I have baked Pizza bases.

 
Unfortunately, I didn’t have the right flour – only self raising, which is for cakes. Also, the yeast had a use by date of 2005. When I tried to start it off, nothing happened. But having got all the stuff out, done the weighing and the sieving, I wasn’t going to be put off by a little thing like that.

Besides, ‘Extreme baking’ is about being stubborn and stoopid. I left the yeast in a warm place and after an hour or so it showed some minor signs of life.

I went for it.

 
And look, it may not have risen so much, but boy did it taste good when it came out of the oven.

My first loaf.

Now there is going to be some major boasting.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact: neilwithpromisesdtokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment