Friday 31 January 2014

Missing Al the hat.




Ok, after about a week and a half of wasting time being ill, it’s time to wake up and come alive again because on Saturday night at the Egham and District Social Club, it is time for another appearance by the acclaimed MOD band;

LORD JOHN

When I heard about the gig back in December, there was no way I was going to be on my feet for February. A month ago I was seeing in the New Year at the same place with the mighty SkaSouls. And now I’m (all being well) going to be back there again.

Friday night is Blues night and a difficult choice. If I’m lucky and can get away in time I’m heading for The Crown, Cowley for ‘The Phoenix Blues band’.

Now these are not necessarily the youngest bluesmen, but then I’m not the youngest either. They come highly recommended and I am really looking forward to a night of hardline blues.

It’s a wrench for me because at the same time I could be catching 'The Weydown Rythym and Blues Band' who will be waking up The Barley Mow in Shepperton.

I saw them last August and they are good. Also they are lucky enough to have the world famous ‘Al The Hat’ on the blues harp.

 

Well, he's world famous now and I’ll be sad to miss them, especially as they usually play Conservative Clubs in this area, which I am unable to enter for ideological reasons (I would disgrace myself).

It’s a tough choice but then it gets worse, if that is possible.

By Sunday I suspect I won’t be good for much any more and that’s a real shame, because on Sunday afternoon at The Oddfellows pub in Apsley, the fabulous Stanley Dee are playing again.

Their next date is in March and from here that seems a very long way away.

Hmmmmh, choices, choices.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment