Tuesday 17 December 2013

Leech at The Perseverance





I thought I’d put up a photo of ‘The Perseverance’ in Wraysbury which has recently become the place for me to be every Sunday afternoon.

Each week as I nip in after seeing my Mum in hospital, I know I wouldn’t have chosen the music but so far each time I’ve enjoyed listening to things I normally don’t want to hear.  Perhaps I’m going soft – don’t think so.

Sometimes it’s full – this week it wasn’t, in the same way ‘The Hob’ wasn’t on Saturday night. It’s the time of year.


 
 
This is ‘Leech’, or at least I think it’s just part of them. We got an electric bass and an amplified acoustic guitar. No backing tracks or laptops, just really good musicians.

They are a very busy band and play a mixture of ‘indie’ stuff and some covers from Simon and Garfunkel and even Pink Floyd’s ‘Wish you were here’ - on an acoustic, not easy. Even harder is Jimi Hendrick’s ‘All along The Watchtower’ and ‘Hey Joe’. They picked a range of songs to cover a number of age groups from The Beatles to Oasis with REM in between.
  
 
 
 
 
Just for me was an acoustic version of The Jam’s ‘That’s Entertainment.
I could have done without Travis's 'Why does it always rain on me', but as I said I'm not an Indie fan. Except , perhaps for REM

Once again a surprising and a good way to end a really tough week.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment