Saturday 9 November 2013

'Runnin' around robbin' banks all wacked off of Scoobysnacks'



                                          Even

The Vampires

      don’t want my blood!

y
I was always going to be stupid, of course, and was planning on heading down to the Brighton nightclub to see The James Taylor Band one last time. I was always going to hit that motorway.

Before the rush hour, going against the flow.

Through the fields of Surrey and Sussex, past the airport and high up onto the downs above Brighton before swooping down to the seafront and parking up outside the club. Down from the smoke for the night. The coolest place to be.

There would have been several hours of standing and then when the mighty Hammond organ fired up those Booker T and the MG’s hits – there would have been illegal dancing. Not so sensible, maybe.

In fact I found out on Thursday from the web that the gig that had been cancelled at the beginning of October and moved to the 8th November had been cancelled again –(ironically and probably luckily for me) due to ill health (theirs not mine).

As I said, it was never meant to be.

And after a long, long morning at Anti-coag, and despite being banned from garlic, even the vampires at West Middlesex Hospital don’t want my blood any more.

  E
So I’m feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Mind you I did enjoy the radio which was on in the waiting room playing ‘The Fun-lovin' Criminals’ old favourite ‘Scooby snacks’.

G

“Runnin' around robbin' banks

all wacked off of Scooby Snacks!”

 

“Runnin' around robbin' banks

all wacked off of Scooby Snacks!”

I can’t put all the lyrics up here otherwise I’ll trigger the parental controls – and we wouldn’t want that now would we children?
But I do have a plan for Saturday night…..a little time travel is called for. Now where did I put those suede shoes?

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:     helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact:   neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment