Thursday 7 November 2013

More blood, please.


Now, after a long, long morning at hospital, two blood tests and a degree of controlled panic wherever I went, I’ve been banned from eating garlic and it’s strictly no alcohol. I actually do think it’s a vampire thing.

   K

I’m under orders to head on down to A and E if….no, you don’t really want to know about that. And I’m back there on Friday, much more blood.

   .O
Oh a@#*!

But there is good news – I was checking out a reggae listings site and moaning about how young black people are as alienated from music as young white people are when I discovered that our very own ‘SkaSouls’ are playing The Hootenanny, Brixton at the beginning of December. It’s a big deal – apart from anything else getting the most exciting band from Staines to travel more than about 3 miles outside of Staines is a big achievement in itself.

But going to play the home of British reggae? Now that’s a biggy.

I just fear that Ska means a lot less to your average Brixtonian these days than it does to your average middle aged white man in the Hammersmith Palais.

I’m not sure if my walking stick will get me there but it would be fun to go.

Somehow I don’t think I’m going to make it to the Brighton nightclub either - where The James Taylor Quartet are playing this Friday. I felt it in my bones when they cancelled their date at the beginning of October – some things are just not meant to be.

And no more Northern Soul, for the moment.

Grrrrr.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment