Saturday 28 September 2013

Who killed Bambi?


Friday night and I’m back at ‘The Jubilee’ pub in Sunbury – opposite Kempton Park racecourse. I saw a band there in the summer where the tumbleweed blew through the bar and a lone church bell rang. What was it tolling for? My lost evening.

This time I spotted a hunting trophy on the wall;
 

 Just the kind of thing you’d want in a cosy country pub – a plastic Bambi head. Why oh why? Then again, it could have been worse - it might have been real. The Southern Comfort sign lights up in real life.

But no lost evening this time! Friday night and The SkaSouls were in town. Well, on the edge of town anyway.




  2tone
 
 

Here’s half the band, crammed into the alcove.

 
And that’s a nice hat;


 It was all Two-Tone rather than Reggae. Ah, happy days.

There were a fair few Pork-pie hats in the crowd and a nice young lady tried to steal mine, a gentleman made me an offer I felt obliged to refuse and I was dancing till midnight.

The result? I’ve had to be carried back to the Sunny View rest home in an ambulance. Matron has locked me in a cupboard with a Largactyl-laced Horlicks. I'm going to be banned from playing Dominoes for a very, very long time.

It’s all his fault;



........

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment