Friday 30 August 2013

Huntin' and shootin'.


 

The whole idea was that I was going to take it easy before the weekend (we time travellors need to conserve our energy) but that didn’t quite work out.

It was 29th August – summer’s nearly over, the sun was shining; it had everything going for it. Who could stay in on a day like that?

So, after lunch I spent the afternoon at Windsor Great Park, over the years the royal playground of debauched princes, mad kings (no really, check out the history) and me, sometimes.

They had the polo pitch laid out for the guards polo club (Oh I saay! Yah!). Plenty of security around.

Big boots on and walking stick in hand – I walked far too far and then went stag shooting, after all this is the place to go for huntin’ and shootin’;

 
I got pretty close to this guy – my camera isn’t that good so I had to rely on them being used to people so that I could slowly creep up.

 


 Here’s another shot of this fine 12 point stag – his friends had got frightened and sloped off long before he did – but he’s  my kind of guy, he stood his ground just to make a point to me.

Later on in the year the males will fight it out, they’re still friends at the moment although the horns are growing quickly.

When I see these fine animals I can’t but think how noble they are in comparison with all those fine aristocrats who shoot them for sport.

 

sCLUE No 2

Here’s the question;

7000 what? By whom?

 

Clues;

It’s by one of my favourite 20th century artists.

It’s a work of art.

When you’ve got the answer, e-mail it in to me at;


The first right answer wins a combat bracelet, made by me.

 

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment