Saturday 20 July 2013

Kidnapped.


I think I was kidnapped.

I know I left home intending to go to a concert of chamber music – a string quartet perhaps. Eine Kleine Nachtmusik would have been most acceptable on a sunny summer evening. A little light opera perhaps.

Somehow I must have taken a wrong turning.

It started alright – like this:

 


 
 
But then it ended like this:


 

 

 

And I have no idea who this was:

 


 They described themselves as a lot of ‘Rude Boys and Girls’. Well, I can only agree. It was rude boy this and rude boy that and then strangely ‘Rudy got married’. Then this vulgar person kept shouting ‘Guns of Navarone’ in my ear. I have no idea what that was about either.

 

 And what is moonstomping?

I took in another date (thanks Walton) on The Skasouls riotous summer tour, and very tolerant they all were to the ill old man in the corner in a Jamaica T-shirt and carrying an Ian Dury walking stick. There was dancing till well after midnight and a police car followed me a lot of the way home. I think I lost them.

Special, special night.

Did I mention ‘The Specials’? And Desmond Dekker.
If you check out;www.skasouls.com
you can see some proper pictures, and hear some fine sounds.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment