Saturday 8 June 2013

Quick, run like f@#k!


Dear me, it can be hard work.
I think it was about the 18th April that a branch came off a tree near my Mums house, bringing down 4 houses telephone lines. It took a week for British Telecom to reconnect – they actually moved the telegraph pole further away from the tree.

Since then, the branch has just been hanging there – in the lumberjack world it’s known as a ‘widowmaker’ - with locals walking underneath it with their dogs and shopping baskets for about 7 weeks.

Friday, three blokes came, with a pick up truck and a chainsaw.  I’ve learnt if you have to bring down branches, there is my way and the right way.

When I did it, I was always reminded that despite developments like Einstein’s General Law of Relativity and the questions raised by explorations in Quantum Mechanics, Newton’s Law of Gravity still applies here on earth – there comes a time when you have to run like F@#k. It’s part of being a man.

So, I was interested to see how the experts did it; they cut off the bottom end, then they cut it at the top, then when nothing happened they waggled it about a bit, then they leant on it and then they gave it a real old heave – and then they had to run like f@#k as it came down with a satisfying crash. It looks much bigger in real life.

Meanwhile;

It’s even more hard work over at;


Where I don’t even get any help from gravity. This my ‘new’ site dealing with the NHS in general, trying to use intelligent analysis and real, checked out, verified facts as ammunition in the battle to save our greatest institution.

It’s been running for over a month now and is stuck on 199 views – this silly site does that in a week normally.

Just now, there’s analysis of the problems with the new 111 number, a method to save the NHS £45 million while making life easier for managers and at the same time giving nurses more money.

Don’t believe me?

Check it out.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:            helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact:                       neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment