Sunday 16 June 2013

Dancing in the Street.


It’s approaching 800 years since the Magna Carta was signed and Saturday I went to Magna Carta day at Egham. Actually, it happens every year and I was there for a cup of coffee and a noodle on the net, but I enjoyed it. That’s despite the pouring rain. June can be wonderful, best month of the year (it was on Friday) or sometimes it isn’t. I got soaked. Twice.

Also, the Magna Carta wasn’t signed at Runnymede but across the river at Wraysbury.

But there was music, this was the second stage and it hosted a series of livelier groups through the afternoon. I missed the name of this band but it had ‘stompin’ in it and they were playing a mixture of blues and bluegrass;
 

At the other end was the respectable stage – luckily I missed the Morris Dancers (ughhhhh). This was Staines Big Band, with a vocalist and dancing in the street.

 
Another good day.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment