Thursday 20 June 2013

Comment, no comment.


It’s been 24 hours of ‘No Comment’ from the Care Quality Commission – have a look at the last two Blogs and you’ll see why. My last entry was written as I watched Channel 4 News’s Jon Snow interviewing the new Chair of the CQC – he was pretty lowly, and so he should be.

Less lowly was the new Chief Executive of the CQC, who was interviewed by a fairly annoyed Jeremy Paxman on BBC 2’s ‘Newsnight’; where he gave the excuse that he had been given legal advice that they couldn’t reveal the guilty men/women, because of the Data Protection Act.

If I had been more committed I would have Blogged that this was designed to protect innocent members of the public from having their personal details publicised, not to protect wrongdoers.

This morning on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, the Data Commisioner said just that – the CQC is seeking alternative legal opinion but it’s still no comment at the moment. 

As soon as the netizens publish the names, you will read them here.

 

Meanwhile:

 

I’ve had a comment – it doesn’t happen very often. It happened to be a nice one but that doesn’t really matter. I don’t mind people disagreeing with me, I don’t mind an argument - I welcome it.

In fact what bothers me is when people have a look, disagree and then flounce off. Put in a comment – disagree, stick around and argue.

I don’t even mind an insult or two; just no insults based on race, sex, age or disability – they get cut out.

Click on ‘comment’ at the end of a Blog entry and off you go…..

Don’t hide behind ‘No Comment’, like the CQC.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
 Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
contact: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment