Friday 7 June 2013

Bluenotes.


 
                                        'Bluenotes'
 
Someone spoke to me about my jaaaazzz reviews. I’m not that sure how that started except that I was so pleased to be alive and tapping a foot now and again that I wanted to do something about it. There have been quite a few of them but my taste in music is a whole lot wider than that. I’m not just an old jazzer.

Soul is good and I don’t mind a Soul Jazz groove (those were the days) or even a bit of Funk occasionally. Motown and Northern Soul are fine with me. Punk and Reggae are up there, sometimes together. Old fashioned British Rhythm and Blues could do with a revival but I fear its days are gone.  I like a good dance beat.

I love the early 1960’s and the early 1980’s, two incredible periods. And what could ever compare with 1977, the year the world turned dayglo.

Truth is there is great music out there most times, the fun is in finding it.

Anyway, when I got Ill, I was lucky enough to find a home at

and its kept me going.

I went through my list of posts and picked out those I could remember, for anyone who is interested. They were some great nights out, a lot of fun, and all of them good times I didn’t imagine I would ever have again.

“Modern Jazz for discerning Mods” pretty much says it all about me and music, have a hunt around for;

The 13th of the 13th .

70’s night.

A four way split.

Art Themen.

Edgy Vibes.

Feet don’t fail me now.

Hyped up, laid back and knocked out.

Not my turn tonight.

R n’ B for the Mod generation.

Four professors and one sore head.

Too cool to Drool.

The Red Lion Blues.

Upspring Monday.

Dizzy.

Flat battery.

Monday, Monday. (bit depressing this, wouldn’t recommend it myself)

 

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:            helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact:                       neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment