Friday 17 May 2013

TOR


This is an emergency warning for a small number of people who probably aren’t reading this Blog, but I wanted to get something out there for the search engines to pick up.

Yesterday 4 members of Lulzsec/anonymous were given some harsh sentences for hacking offences.

I don’t approve of hacking – at all. It’s why I have to buy outrageously expensive anti-virus stuff that slows down my poor computer.

The net is so full of information, you can mine it quite legitimately, and you can use it to take on the most powerful enemies and win. I do elsewhere, and I’m old.

But the sentences were very harsh, for a bunch of silly kids who didn’t hurt anyone. They put a false story on Rupert Murdoch’s ‘The Sun’, that Murdoch had been found dead in his topiary garden. It made me laugh which is not easy these days and it made my 93 year old Mum laugh too and that’s even harder.

Anyway here’s the warning.

If you use TOR (The Onion Router) for anonymity, don’t. It was created by U.S. Navy Department researchers and is used by U.S. Government for various purposes including Law enforcement.

It’s a honey trap.

It’s how they catch you.

I wrote an article about it, e-mail me if you want a copy.

Cryptome has done a lot of work on it too.

Stay safe.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)  
Home:      helpmesortoutstpeters.blospot.com
Contact:   neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment