Thursday 2 May 2013

My precioussss.


I’m a fame monster, it’s official. I’m not proud of it. I’ve let you all down, I’ve let my family down, most of all I’ve let myself down.

I had a really nice day, even though it was sad for me – it was Mayday and I should have been carrying a banner on the Mayday March, where I’ve been for so many years. I’m not up to that.

Instead I went for a walk in the sun – here’s a beautiful picture from a fine Mayday.

 
 
 
 
 
The cricket pitch laid out for the first game of the summer - a month ago it was all under water.
 
I came back to cook lunch, then I turned into the monster. I was listening to the Robert Elms show on BBC Radio London as I cooked, and Wednesday is the notes and queries day. It’s a phone-in where Sad old gits intelligent and knowledgable listeners are encouraged to ring in to answer questions about London history and qwirky facts. Anyone who knows me will know I can’t resist that.

I rang in with an answer, got on the radio and for a few moments became a spokesman for the sad old gits listeners. I managed to blurt out a plug for this Blog, before I got cut off – which was why I did it.

However, fame is like the ring (my precioussss) and I want more. Just to plug the Blog, you understand. Give me more – now.

Then I got brought back down to earth – the sewer drain was blocked and I had to get the rods out to shift ‘it’. Felt better with myself after that. Back to normal.

Then again, next Wednesday is another day…..

It did produce a small amount of interest in the Blog and as part of my guerrilla marketing campaign, it only cost a phone call. And they can’t arrest you for it, which is always good.

 

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment