Monday 11 March 2013

Zap me, baby


It’s been a grim couple of weeks, hopefully I’m thawing out. Unfortunately, I missed out on a chance to see good friends and comrades on Saturday night which was a shame, but tonight, who knows.

It’s a week ago I was at Charing Cross Hospital where I met some pretty special people at Radiotherapy; Mariam and Gillian I remember but too many others to remember all their names. They had too many patients and not enough time but remained efficient and kind, working through an endless queue of quietly courageous people.

I really appreciated the Bridget Riley prints on the walls of reception and I learnt that Nina Simone makes a pretty good soundtrack to any medical procedure.

Well, zap me.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:     helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact:   neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment