Saturday 30 March 2013

Shout a little louder.


Now I’ve remembered why I don’t tweet. 140 characters are just enough to get you into trouble and not enough to sort anything out.

I wrote a Blog last night about the  growing scandal surrounding the closure of the children’s heart surgery unit at Leeds General Infirmary – I picked sides, I knew I was right. A tweet would have flashed that out, late last night.

Then I did what I often do – I slept on it. In the morning it all looked different and so did the morning papers. Now I’ve heard the other side. I’m still none the wiser and a little more suspicious about the real motives behind all this.

Now, I want to see the figures, and then I’ll decide. Meanwhile I binned the blog.

What I do know is that in all the arguments, patients aren’t necessarily being put first.

I also noticed that in the proposed new NHS constitution, they aren’t going to ‘put patients first’, as the principal aim of the service, either.

If we are going to get heard, we’ll have to shout a little louder.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)


No comments:

Post a Comment