Saturday 23 March 2013

Lousy week, lousy month.


A lousy week – am I down-hearted? Perhaps a little.

As I said yesterday, last week I put up some serious, important stuff for a change and drove away (nearly) all my readers as a result. It was an important report, it needed to be seen by people. Cutting it down to a few paragraphs disrespects the report, it also disrespects the people reading it.

Funnily enough, at the beginning I wondered why it had gone over a year and no publicity. Now I begin to understand why.

What I mean is no apologies, no compromise.

Last Saturday night, after hearing a noise I went out and disturbed a group of youths outside my poor old mum’s house. They disappeared quick at the sight of me, it was only the next day I discovered why they ran off; they’d kicked in a couple of fence panels which I now have to try to repair, when it warms up a bit.

I wrote up a page to celebrate the spring solstice on the 21st – the weather’s been so cold and miserable I didn’t bother to post it. Spring is going to have to wait this year.

I’ve learnt that Blogging is serious stuff to take on. Fighting big and powerful organisations alone is tough and this March has been a personal struggle too.

To be or not to be (blah, blah, blah), whether ‘tis nobler (yadda, yadda, yadda), sea of troubles (…….. yawn).

And then I read claims that Basildon Hospital has been altering mortality codings, just like Mid-Staffs, Bolton, Wolverhampton. Where else? (Check out my ‘cooka da books’ postings if you don’t understand what I mean). Now, it’s not even being reported properly – the press are bored with the story.

It is really depressing me.

On the other hand, this last fortnight I’ve been able to write some articles I’m proud of, which I needed to get done before…and I still have a few more in me, I think, (I do other things too, y’know) and got through some hurdles.

Also, I must still be just a bit scary if I can scare people off, while wearing comfy slippers, which is good I think.

We’ll see.

 

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:    helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
contact:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment