Saturday 2 February 2013

The Ankle Rankle



 
It’s fighting February, so what am I doing to start it all off? A picket line, a march on the hospital, a hunger strike?
Bad poetry, that’s what I’m doing. I feel the destructive effect of a really bad poem could be what this campaign needs. Who knows, it may open the flood gates- a riot of bad poems.
 
 
 
I’ve got a problem
and it’s really starting to rankle.
You see, I hurt my leg
in fact, I broke my ankle.
 
The problem was my mistake
Oh what would that be?
The ambulance took my break
to St. Peter’s A and E.
 
Because instead of trying
to fix it there and then.
Some idiot, what was he was doing?
Sent me home again.
 
You can mess up a finger
You can bugger up a wrist
but only a consultant at St. Peter’s
would think a break was a twist.
 
Neil Harris
(a don’t stop till you drop production)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment