Monday 25 February 2013

Hangin' on the telephone.










Frustration, urghhhh. Everywhere frustration.

Friday morning I phoned “Patient Experience” to arrange an appointment to come in to discuss my “concerns”. It was an answerphone. “We aim to get back to you in 1 working day” – that’s today, Monday, as in now. Perhaps later on, who knows?

It’s funny, the Hospital has an award scheme – you can nominate staff for doing well, which is a very good thing. These ‘good news’ stories end up in the local papers every so often. However, when they do badly….silence. No action, no press releases, no media photo-shoots. Just silence and delay.

But for me the clock is ticking.

So, what did I do?

I emailed the Care Quality Commission and sent them two stories about St. Peter’s Accident and Emergency department and the way they look after patients.

The first was the one concerning the 84 year old (Book ‘em Danno), the other I haven’t yet put up here – I will but I think we all need a break from the sad stories. I again asked the CQC to investigate the A and E, which I hope they will do. They now have three instances from a 6 month period.

                             ========//=======

What can you do?

If you’re a patient; I need case studies of problems with A and E to force the Quality Care Commission to start an investigation. E-mail me direct.

If you’re employed by the Trust; Its time to blow the whistle on A and E. E-mail me direct – privacy guaranteed.

Anybody else; read, share, publicise this blog.

                         =======//=======

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment