Saturday 29 December 2012

When the levee breaks


I went into the nearest town today, parking a good way out and walking in. Didn’t use my crutches at all for the first time, although I had them with me just in case.

Up till now I’ve been able to walk a good way without them but then it hurt too much and I had to use them on the way back. This was pretty good but then its over 4 months and should be by now. Now it’s hurting, but I’m fighting fit again and ready for St. Peters! (I hope).

The river Thames is high and muddy and over its banks as much as I’ve seen it before (in fact its got a good way further to go, if it wants to). Valley people have their fingers crossed there’ll be no more rain for a while, to let the water through.

Sometimes it’s high, rough and fast. Today it was high, slow and steady and I really didn’t like the look of that at all.

 

Neil Harris

(don’t stop till you drop production)
neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment